Re[2]: [at-l] Ads and services on the AT

"It's recent events, unnecessary crass comments to the
media and poor judgment of the current and recent past
ATC leadership my comments are directed toward. These
are not the type of people to lead the organization
into the future," says Datto

I hear his complaints about the monastery and his disagreement with the ad policy, but nothing that
warrants such a blatant condemnation of an organization that is run mostly by volunteers. Those most
familiar with the dispute with the Friars think he lacks facts. I personally think the ad policy is wise
policy by and large.

The ATC staff I've met strikes me as uniformly wise and dedicated folks. If anything my complaint is
that they are not vigorous enough in protecting the trail from intrusions. They strike me as too
willing to compromise just to avoid fights. That may be why it took 10 years to resolve the dispute
with the friars, and decades to achieve a very inadequate solution on Saddleback. Until I hear more
I'll have to conclude that Datto doesn't really know what he is talking about.

I suggest he get really involved in trail maintenance decisions and the affairs of the ATC. He may
discover he is wrong in his ATC judgments.

Weary