[at-l] ATC ad policy

datto_atl@yahoo.com writes:

> Where have signs been a substantial problem along the
> Trail?

Well, actually, the last time I was at Blue Mountain shelter, there were
about 30 assorted pieces of paper, business cards, etc. tucked into the
shelter at
various places. I know thats the exception because it is fairly close to a
road, but it was pretty unsightly and I found some of them on the ground
outside the shelter. Maybe this is what the ATC is trying to discourage, not
so much the "here is the nearest phone in an emergency" type thing.

That said,  I think the bulletin boards at road crossings are a very
appropriate place to have this stuff. Even if they limited the size to
postings to index card size, the info is/could be very useful. After all,
they have signs along the highway to tell you where to get off to find gas,
food and lodging and those are some of the most helpful signs out there.
Those and the ones that say "Deer Crossing" but Datto doesn't need those
particular ones - he can find the deer without them.

POG

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---