[at-l] health care

At 12:08 PM 8/5/01 -0400, Jan Leitschuh wrote:
>Hi,
> > but the simple fact is that this country spends more per person on
> health care than any other country in the world, but we have far from the
> healthiest people.
>That's because so few exercise! What is it with people? The body was
>made to be used.
>That hiking circulation is a miracle, clears up what ails one. Ever
>notice that? I'm WAY healthier out hiking. Sleep good too.

I won't argue with the exercise part.  I was never healthier or felt better
than the 7 years I ran 4 or 5 days/week but...  it's also true that the
stats are skewed by the uneven availability of health care in the
US.  Something like 30% of the US population has *no* health insurance and
for them it's a pay-as-you-go system.  Don't tell me that they have
Medicaid.  I know lots of these folks who don't qualify and if they do,
have trouble finding a Doc who accepts Medicaid patients.  The bottom line
on the stats?  When 30% have poor/no health care it can really ruin the
overall average for any measure of health care in a country.

sAunTerer