[at-l] groups LNT was(no subject)

Alexis,

	First thing is learn LNT. There are regulations adopted by some
National Forests concerning group size for day hikes, camping and
shelter areas. Often it is necessary to split a large group in half and
perhaps meet at a group camping area. That's just one small part of LNT.
If you are involved with scouts you already have access to this info.
The ATC is a good place to get info too.
	If you already practice LNT then good for you! Often I have met groups
that are way to large or they leave trash or worse yet they leave the
area with hot beds of coals still in there campfire circle. Occasionally
I have the pleasure to meet a group that is far better at LNT than I am.
I take notes and try to learn from them.
	In the Jefferson National Forest regulations state "no group larger
than 10 people shall enter the forest. "No group larger than 6 people
shall approach the shelter area's."

chase