[at-l] Sure-Thing Hitchiking

Hi all,

I just spent yesterday with a friend who just got back from her AT
Thru-hike, she did it with her 2 boys, who turned 13 and 16 on the Trail
(the latter, in sight of Katadhin!)
Trail Names: Mother Goose and the Rockets. May, was she lit from within!
She looks great, clear-eyed and VERY happy.

Anyway, I went to pick her up in my Subaru, and she commented that
drivers of two classes of cars picked them up WAY more than anyone else.
Those were Subaru owners, and also Saab owners. Dodge trucks were third,
but a more distant third.

How about that? Why would this be, (other than the fact that I drive a
Subaru and am clearly a soft touch). Anybody have any onservations on
"likely" hitching cars?

> Solidarity: I gotsta get me an AMERICAN made automobile and show proof >of it before I can start on the 20th of August . . . I'm looking for an
> OLD jeep . . .  I'll trade for shuttles!
Sorry David, tell those autoworkers to shape up and start packing hikers
around!

Best,
JanL

--