[at-l] EVERYBODY: This land is your land . . .

JEEP?  (Just Empty Every Pocket. :-)  )

I used to own an '87 Jeep (aka The Blue Beast), my two buddies owned an '83
and an '85.  We used to take turns giving each other rides to our mechanic.
Except for the one time Eddie (the mechanic) had all three of the jeeps at
once.   I learned more about auto repair than  I had ever known from owning
one. ("Tim...this is Paul...want to help me put in a new alternator?" Which
translated to: I made the coffee while Tim showed me how to install an
alternator :)  )

Ah..the memories. The transmission going on I-93 in New Hampshire, the head
gasket blowing on the Mass Pike (a month before my thru-hike mind
you!!!!!!).  Of course, nothing can beat that the fact my buddy Leo knew the
AAA flat bed, tow truck driver on a first name basis.

(And the local auto parts place knew the three of us by face..)

AND one month after Tim sold his Jeep, the REBUILT engine blew.... (Tim is
the Jeep owner king: three engines, two transmission.)

Between Leo, Tim and myself  we probably put Eddie's kid through college....

Yep...there is a reason why driving a Jeep is like being part of a club. :-)

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
--Thoreau

NetZero Platinum
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!