[at-l] EVERYBODY: This land is your land . . .

On the flip side, unions gave us 40 hr work weeks, holidays, and allowed
workers to be at a bargaining level equal to the coporations.

 The union allowed my grandfather, a man who did not have the fraction of
the oppurtunities I have, to buy a house and make a better life for his
children.  His father (my great grandad) was 'cheap immigrant labor'
(interesting to read newspaper from that time period. 'Cheap imigrant labor'
is a polite term compared to what I am sure most people called him...) that
could be taken advantage of because the unions were not the factor they
would be a generation later.

The unions allowed people working hard to get a fair wage for their skills.

Unions are not perfect. (I think they have gotten rather greedy in recent
years).  But they provide a system of checks and balances that is needed.

But, I think I am well off topic at this point, so I think I'll shut my yap
after this post. :-)

The true harvest of my life is intangible... a little star-dust caught, a
segment of the rainbow which I have clutched.
--Thoreau

NetZero Platinum
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!