[at-l] IAT in Canada

> My name is Amanda.  I was told that you're a group of experienced
> hikers/backpackers and that you are good for answering questions in those
> areas.  I'm soon leaving for my first real hiking trip (3 weeks in Gaspe -
> Quebec).  I have questions concerning what I'm bringing with me - I could
> send you my list once it's made to see if it's complete.  I also heard that
> the Gaspe part of the trail is quite challenging/rugged - I'd love to get
> any comments on this.  The last thing I'm wondering about is if 350 miles is
> reasonable within 3 weeks for an average hiker.  Or could more distance be
> covered?

> Thanks, Amanda

	Complicated question - you are looking at fairly high mileage days, so
it depends a lot on the trail, the amount of weight you are carrying,
your physical condition, etc. Are you hiking with someone else who is an
experienced hiker? If so, are they familiar with the trail you are
taking? Lots of questions...

	From the sound of things, I believe you might be biting off too much,
but a great deal depends on you, and what you are capable of.

	Ron
--

yumitori(AT)montana(DOT)com