Re[2]: [at-l] Spouses who hike together/do singles wanthikers for partners?

My wife doesn't hike but thanks to my two sons, she's now been on a couple
of day hikes and enjoyed them.  It has been my boys that have been the
biggest and happiest surprise.  I have always hiked either alone or with a
screaming horde of Boy Scouts.  My sons (10 and 12) *love* hiking and now
nag me to take them to a trail (they are really twisting my arm - OW!).

They have also convinced "mom" to go along and who knows, maybe she'll join
us for longer ones (she has to overcome her fear of camping alone in the
woods).  Now I look forward to my hikes with them and enjoy watching their
appreciation and wonder of the wilderness grow.

Charles