[at-l] Wanchor Report

Jon called last night from Andover, Maine. =A0It was hot!!! =A0He was very h=
appy=20
to be staying at a hostel that cost $10.70 for the night, including a shuttl=
e=20
back to the trail. =A0
He was happier still that he had seen a big bull moose that day. =A0For once=
=20
the photography gods were with him. =A0He was very close and got a head and=20
rack photo. He's sending the film to me to develop and take to the next FT=20
chapter meeting. =A0He said he'd also send a list of what the photos were so=
 I=20
could give folks the complete story.

Maine hiking is tough, and his mileage is down to about 1 mph. =A0He pushed=20
hard to make it into Andover for the evening. =A0=A0=A0He's got a couple of=20
pleasant rendevous in the next week or so. =A0Some trail kroo friends are=20
working on the trail just ahead, and he is happy that he'll be seeing them.=20
=A0Our FT buddy Henry Young moved back to Maine and is living in/near Rangel=
y.=20
=A0Jon's talked to Henry and will be going into Rangely (not originally=20
planned) to spend an evening with Henry. =A0

On the homefront I am down to two packages left to mail. =A0You know it's ba=
d=20
when the post office clerks know your wardrobe and remember how upset I was=20
when that priority package took over 7 days to get to Virginia. =A0

In an attempt to see what I can do in the way of day hiking, I led my=20
scheduled TGIF FT hike last Friday evening. =A0No trouble, but it was short=20=
and=20
I was real glad to get back to the parking lot. =A0This week I'm trying to=20
scout another short hike I'm to lead Saturday morning. =A0I like to hike alo=
ne=20
except on this piece of property. =A0It is dark, dank, and primeval, and I=20
always seem to get there in fading light. =A0Something about this place cree=
ps=20
me out. I feel as if I'm Gretel in Hansel & Gretel and the wicked witch is=20
watching me. =A0They pay off is if I finally make it out to the lake boardwa=
lk.=20
The boardwalk winds through the biggest stand of old-growth cypress trees=20
I've seen in central Florida. =A0And we're sure to see some gators swimming=20
around under the boardwalk.

Pain shot #3 on Thursday. =A0Let's hope the third time is the charm cause I=20
can't say the first two have done any good.

This week I made reservations for Maine: =A0the car and the first night mote=
l.=20
Thanks, TJ, for some good lodging advice.  And, yes, Hummingbird, I bought a=
=20
new nightie. =A0I feel like a blushing bride.

Joan

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---