[at-l] Backpacks, the good, the bad, the useless...?

Thanks to some wonderful advice by you all, I got on ebay and am currently
looking at some packs that seem like a great deal to me. Then again, I've
already stated, I know nothing. There are several dozen that are in the 25
to 50 dollar range, lightly used, that all look to be in good shape. Most of
them have internal frames, can adjust to various torso lengths, and are
between two and four pounds. Are there some brands I should avoid? Is an
external frame more advantageous? Should I even consider buying a pack I
cant try on first? I am saving substantially over what I would pay buying a
new backpack, right? What do you guys think the most widely trusted brand
names are? Thank you for putting up with all my silly questions.
Love, Joni

Send a cool gift with your E-Card
http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/