[at-l] at a loss but answering

I don't know if it's a useful or a detrimental quality, but I seem to have
this high gain antenna for the "get lost" vibrations and low gain antenna
for the come hither frequencies which I can truthfully state I've NEVER
noticed whilst hiking . . .  I'm not at all sure how that relates, but I
think it does . . . As a result some people think I'm a bit strange, and
sometimes unfriendly, though I wish everyone well on their hike and am happy
to aid when I can . . .
But some hikers will look a gift horse in the mouth and others will abuse
your generosity.
It's the same on and off the trail  . . .