Re[2]: [at-l] at a loss but answering

This is a complicated subject and I respect those who are willing to discuss it rationally in this age of
"political correctness." Someone wrote: "It's human nature to misinterpret
another person's intentions sometimes.  However, what DOES make a guy a
jackass is when it's obvious that the woman isn't interested, but the guy
continues to make advances."

I agree with that sentiment, though I would also note that it is also human nature to TEST another's
intentions.

I hiked with another person I met on the trail for many weeks. At least we camped at the same spot
every night, shared food on occasion, went to town together, etc.

She fell in with me because she was nervous about hiking alone and sensed I was safe. I wasn't
sure whether that was a compliment or not.

Weary