[at-l] at a loss but answering

<<
Paul, I didn't say they do it to show off.  That's not it at all. My point is that while you feel you can hike shirtless, you wouldn't recommend a woman do the same, would you?  If not, why not.  If you find it
comfortable, perhaps she might as well?
If you feel that you could not, in all good conscience recommend hiking shirt less to a female hiker, why not?  The only answer that makes real sense
to me is that you feel she would be inviting unwanted attention by the way she chose to dress...ie shirtless. That's my point too....

*
I wouldn't recommend that a woman hikes shirtless, because society has taught me it is not acceptable,
and it's illegal. To equate it to a man walking shirtless doesn't work. Society views topless women differently, and so do I (pun intended).
I personally wouldn't be against a woman hiking
topless, but I would probably be embarrased by it.
Hey call me old fashion....
And it would probably make my hike more difficult
(Chafing in unexpected places).

A sports bra is another issue, I have no issues at
all with a woman hiking in one. That would be a comfort
and support issue, not an "asking for trouble" issue.
A woman should not have to feel uncomfortable, because she is wearing comfortable clothes to hike in. I don't
care what the weather is, or how pasted on the clothes are.

Russ