[at-l] Yesterday and a few tomorrows from now.

Well, I finally got out yesterday to do a lean-to clean up.  It was a long
(14.5-15 mi.) but great day.  I met lots of interesting and nice folks.  I
was very pleasantly surprised at the minuscule volume of trash to be
cleaned up.  The part that pleased me the most was discovering that I'm not
as out of shape as I thought.  When I set out I feared that I would be
dragging butt big time after 10-11 miles but I felt good all day and came
out "motoring".

I had been semi-planning to join Pittsburg's 'Stop Smoking Hike' (I quit 35
years ago but it seemed as good an excuse as any to hike the AT) but that
is in severe doubt now.  My son called and is thinking of changing
jobs.  If he does, he will be coming home from the West coast at the time
of the hike.  I miss him so I *will not* go anywhere that would make me
miss his annual trip back East.  It's not certain Pittsburg, but don't
reject anyone from the group because you are waiting to hear from me.

sAunTerer