[at-l] Skeeter from a trail . ..

Hi Red! Another update for the list....
=A0
Here in Lake City, approximately 350 miles into the trip...=20
So the latest update is... the Colorado Trail joined up with the CDT=A0a whi=
le=20
ago, so we tend to stay well above treeline. Your perception changes when yo=
u=20
start to think that coming down to 10,000 feet is going low...
Jim+Ginny would appreciate that within a quarter mile of joining the CDT I=20
was getting rained and hailed on <g>, but with a bit of trail magic it didn'=
t=20
last too long, and I got to stop at the Green Creek shelter, the only one on=
=20
the trail that I know of.
San Luis Pass vicinity: 100 foot visibility, raining sideways, windchill=20
factor unknown except that it probably would have been warmer if it was=20
snowing. 1 1/2 hours later, in one of the most beautiful campsites I've ever=
=20
stayed at, at East Mineral Creek, blue skies and sunshine... hard to believe=
=20
that it was the same day.
=A0
Gear: Safe Water Any where filters, lasted a day and a half. In my book,=20
don't bother. Frog Toggs: wonderful and light. Yes, the crotch ripped out of=
=20
the pants, duct tape works fine <g>. Been getting raves about the TCSM stove=
,=20
even the car campers love it.
=A0
Short week to Silverton, then on to Durango. 10 days left? Still loving it,=20
even if I am a bit tired of thunderstorms.
=A0
Skeeter

multipart/alternative
  text/html