[at-l] I appreciate any and all advice....:)

I bought my first pair of hiking boots a couple of years ago.  I had always
hiked in tennis shoes or running shoes.  I switched to boots because of the
thicker soles and used them for a few months.  Sloetoe told me about his
trail running shoes so I bought a pair of NB 803s.  They are great.  They
are comfortable and the bottom of my feet aren't sore from the rocks.

Now I alternate between boots and trail shoes.  Maybe someday I'll stick to
one or the other.  I like the high tops on the boots (and the boots are
warmer) and I like the light weight and quick drying of the trail running
shoes.

Charles