[at-l] Santizing your hands

Sometimes being an addicted reader of anything that comes into my hands and
working at a great community college can come in handy.

A while back I read an article on why so many people get cold, the flu, etc.
Apparently it has to do with not really giving your handfs a good washing.
I think the article even mentioned that for surgery doctors, nurses, etc.
should really scrub their hands and arms (up to the elbow) at least 5
minutes if they WANT to get them clean.  If I go into surgery I hope my
doctor does it for 10 minutes.

Seriously, later on I heard from students or instructors at my community
college that the article was right.  At least as far as giving your hands a
good scrubbing and not just a wetting and wringing of hands.  I guess this
would apply even to sanitizing gels.

Just because you have never come down with the "flutters" or smothing worse
does not mean you did not have a close call.  So I guess I'll try the gels,
but I'll rubb my hands together real good and for a good long time.  I just
hope someone doesn't think Mr. Hyde is hiking a trail.

William, The Library Turtle