[at-l] NH woods preserved

Nice little story about some New England wilderness
being preserved. Not AT related..but definitely in the
vicinity.

   7.25.2001 00:05
Conservation win in N.H.?
      If you look at the very top of the New Hampshire
map, you will find a stretch of largely uninhabited
forest running from Pittsburg to Stewartstown. About
171,000 acres of this precious wilderness are up for
grabs. Their owner, International Paper,
wants to sell.
     But what could have been a sad story of another
New England paradise chopped up into vacation-home
sprawl seems headed, at least right now, for a happy
ending. For that we can thank quick action by
officials in New Hampshire and an environmental group
called the Trust for Public Land, based in San
Francisco.

For the full story:
http://www.projo.com/cgi-bin/story.pl//05877491.htm

=====