[at-l] long trail

Rock dancer, I hope to be hiking the LT by the end of September.  I'll be starting at Killington, heading north, then flipping when I get to the border and heading south from Killington again (weather concerns).

A question I have for anyone who has hiked the northern section--was doing maildrops worth it (I tend to live on cheese and bread mostly when hiking) or was getting into towns for food easy?  How was hitching?

EJ