[at-l] Re: Advice, please

I haven't done the big loop of AT/BMT/Duncan Ridge Trail although I have
gathered bunches of info on it. I have a couple of brochures that the BMT
fan club printed, and somewhere have the little maps sold at our local
REI's. I gather that the AT is quite well known to us between Three Forks
and Blood Mt. The BMT leaves the AT at the falls north of Three Forks, head
northwest past the Toccoa gorge, and meets the Duncan Ridge trail a bit
further. The DRT is less used and more frequently seen as overgrown and
poorly marked. It does have a couple of road crossings on its way south and
east back to Blood Mt. It looks like a challenging 5-7 day hike.

The BMT itself keeps going up toward the Cohutta wilderness and on into TN,
eventually to become possibly a parallel trail to the AT on the western
side of the Appalachains.

OrangeBug