[at-l] Permanent Appetite Changes

Hi y'all!

I enjoyed a cucumber & tomato sandwich for lunch
today, and I just finished munching on a yummy iced
oatmeal-raisin Power Bar. Mmmm--those iced Power Bars
are really good!!

OK, before my thru-hike, I could not stand to eat
tomatoes, raisins, or Power Bars. Yet, I was *forced*
to consume each item at a moment of real "thru-hiker
hunger" when nothing else was immediately available
last year.  They tasted delicious to me at the time
('cause I was so hongry), but I never dreamed that
they would *still* taste good to me long after I got
home.

OK, the Power Bars never tasted delicious to me. That
was a lie. But they tasted OK. Before my hike, I
couldn't eat two bites of one, though. Now I actually
*like* them.

Weird, huh? Has this happened to anyone else? My mom
is thrilled ... since my thru-hike, I'm not nearly as
picky an eater as I was before!

Nina (Waterfall)

=====
Visit the Louisiana Hiking Club at http://www.geocities.com/louisianahikingclub