[at-l] ] Ready's Journal July 8 TD 30

As I write today's journal, I'm sitting on a rock in the Lehigh
Gap parking lot overlooking the bridge which crosses the
  Lehigh River. Spur is hiking this section alone today.
I know this section of trail well. I will be able to see Spur as
he comes out of the woods and crosses the bridge. I can
  hardly wait to see him. I'm such a newlywed! ;-)
*****
I woke Spur up this morning as I tried to ease my way out
of the little Nomad tent to answer nature's call. He decided
that he too should "stretch his legs."
He returned to the tent shortly after to say that he needed to
visit the latrine and could he use some of my toilet paper?
Despite my sleepiness I had sensed a certain note of
urgency in his request, so without hesitation, I reached
into my pack pocket and handed him the plastic bag.
Spur returned sometime later, handing me back the bag
saying, "I think there was a mistake." Imagine my surprise
when I looked into the bag and found that it contained not
toilet paper, but a rolled up ace bandage! Then, join me in
trying to imagine the surprise on *his* face when he must
have made that same discovery! I owe him, bigtime!
It started to rain as soon as he'd returned, so we just drifted
back to sleep. The birds continued their chirping in spite of the rain.
It was almost 9:00 AM before the rain stopped. We quickly
assembled our gear and went to the shelter to prepare breakfast.
We'd made some alterations to our hiking plans for the next
  several days. It was clear to us that my leg needed more rest
and so that's what it'd get.
Instead of both of us hiking to Lehigh Gap, 17 miles north of
the shelter, I'd be stopping at the Blue Mountain Summit
Restaurant while Spur hiked the full way to the Gap. I'd hiked
this section many times, and could easily pick it up later.
Instead of hiking, I'd be resting. Our concern was that my leg
won't be sufficiently strong to hike onward. This is the ideal
spot to get the needed rest; my parents have been tremendously
supportive.
Should my leg not be strong enough in the next two days,
Spur will hike out with Molly and I'll join them later during her visit.
A benefit to this plan is that I will be free to drop off water for them
  at some key points along the trail, since water is scarce in this section.
We hiked out -I can see Spur, crossing the bridge now! - and reached
the restaurant in about 1.5 hours. The trail had followed an old road
for nearly the full way to the restaurant. In spite of the easy grade the
pain in my leg assured me that our plan was a wise course. I'd benefit
from the rest.
We enjoyed "dinner," along with scrumptious desserts. Then I bade
Spur adieu and waited for my dad to pick me up. It was suddenly very lonely.
Dad was there within 10 minutes, however, and we were rolling back to
Whitehall. - Spur has just spotted me, and we're waving to one another!
He'll be up here in just a few more minutes.-
We'll be back at my folks' house for the night and off to my dentist's
tomorrow. 'Next report should be out after the 10th when Molly has
joined us. Will I be back on the trail then, I wonder?