[at-l] ATC Conference

Oh how I hate summer driving trips.  It was Friday the 13th and I headed to
the ATC meeting in Shippensburg, PA.  The trip down was quite eventful.  Saw
a dead man on NJ 287, the traffic came to stop as the occupants of every car
rubbernecked to get a look see.  There was one terrible major car accident in
the northbound lane of I81 between Carlisle and Shippensburg. By the time I
arrived all that remained were charred car parts and one 5 mile traffic jam.
Sure was glad I was in the southbound lane.

Attended the Welcome reception on Friday evening at the Chambersburg Country
Club, saw some familiar faces and met new trail buddies.  Saturday morning
Chase did a test run of our presentation on the Allegheny and Tuscarora
Trails.  All went well. The data projector worked hooked up to the Dell
laptop.  Our good fortune of getting the equipment to work properly was not
to last to the actual presentation on Sunday morning. I attended a Bird
Identification workshop and realized I'll need more lessons before I can get
a handle on bird calls and songs.  After going to the ALDHA hosted 2000 miler
reception I headed north for an uneventful 7.5hr car ride.
Cin

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---