[at-l] What Has Hiking Given You?

Sorry, just a fanciful thought on my part, after viewing the area for the
first time.  Although my original suggestion was for a spring, summer or fall
Ruck outdoors, near the Gorge, in hopes to put together a hike, I really
don't have the time right now to put anything together.  Duty calls and I've
been working mostly afternoons, nights and weekends.  This was my first full
weekend of since Trail Days and prior to that the flu-fated Ruck weekend in
January, home in bed.  I really don't see myself getting another weekend off
until the Gathering.

Anyway, I hope to get over to the Gorge, sometime soon, on a day off during
the week.........

Now, if anyone else wants to put a hike together, I may be able to make it!

<A HREF="http://www.google.com/search?q=linville+gorge&btnG=Google+Search";> linville gorge</A>

Sly

 < orangebug74@yahoo.com writes:

> I think that the Parkway around Crabtree is usually closed for winter.
> Either that or I have seriously dated myself, again.
>
> There is a little town at the intersection of NC 181 and US 221 called
> Pineola. It has the Linville River running through it, a small motel,
> and is very convenient to the Parkway, Boone, Linville Gorge,
> Grandfather Mt., and North and West up to the AT. There are lots of

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---