[at-l] Bear Phobia

At 01:49 AM 7/14/01 -0400, RoksnRoots@aol.com wrote:
>    I have also had the life's privilege of seeing a wild bengal tiger from
>only few yards away. I'm not trying to flame your story in any way, but I
>have heard that any cat that 'roars' can't purr, and any cat that purrs can't
>roar...

Wouldn't know about roar vs purr but my daughter, who's really into cats
(the house variety that is), tells me that cats only purr around
humans.  They don't purr when relating to other cats or
animals.  Apparently if a kitten doesn't have human contact when growing up
it will never purr.  Perhaps that is the real reason the large wild cats
don't purr.

sAnTerer