[at-l] Bears and Bear Stories

Hi

I believe this IS an "urban" (wilderness?)" legend. Saw this on a site
that tracks down sources of these myths.
 Read about it with my own eyes, for what that's worth. If needed, I'll
go search the thang down again.

> I did not know
> people could be that dumb as to put honey on a kid and let a bear lick it off.
> >
> > I dunno...a couple years ago there was a case of a kid getting mauled
> > because his father
> > spread honey on him to get a picture of the bear licking the
> kid.....sheeesh.

Nonetheless, given the scope of human behavior, it is well within the
realm of possibility.
Then there's ...

> Not urban legend - that comes out of the bear incident reports at
> Yellowstone.  It ranks with some of the other stupid stunts people

So you can't always trust what you read on the "Net.
Just wanted to further muddy the clear waters of discussion with an
eye-witness "read" of a claim of urban legend-hood.

A quick search for "bear" + "Urban legend" failed to turn up the site I
saw, But I DID uncover this:
> Breasts Injure Four: Four people were admitted to a hospital after a >string of
>      bizarre accidents earlier this month.
Don't ask me, I moved on...

Best,
Jan Leitschuh