[at-l] Altitude hiking

 they were fighting over the "DEX"; which was the short name for some
sort of hypo that is suppose to be carried by mtn climbers for
emergencies???=A0=A0 what is this stuff???=A0 or was it fake hollywood?

I looked this up after I saw the same movie,here it is(underlined):

                                                                           =20=
 =20
                                           Acetazolamide can reduce the=20
severity of AMS symptoms. The dosage is 250 to 1,000 mg per day, starting 12=
=20
to 24 hours before the climb and continuing for three to four days.=20
Dexamethasone is useful for preventing and treating AMS and for treating=20
HACE, but because of its side effects, including euphoria and glucosuria, it=
=20
is best used for the treatment of HACE and for prophylaxis in=20
acetazolamide-intolerant (and sulfa-allergic) persons.2

Moondancer

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---