From: John O [mailto:johno@mail.monmouth.com]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 12:14 PM
To: at-l@mailman.backcountry.net
Subject: [at-l] PA RUCK what do you want?

I'm glad folks are talking about the Ruck & what it means to them.  The
reason for the 1st Ruck was to assist a hiker in reaching his goal an AT
thru-hike.  Since I've been attending the PA Ruck this ideal has continued.
  Personally I've enjoyed myself tremendously at each one. Each one has
been special in it's own way.  Some folks have expressed that it's time for
the PA Ruck to move to larger quarters & others that it's time to return as
a smaller event.  I hope they do just that & have a wonderful time.  I plan
to stay at Ironmaster January 25 to 27, 2002 for PA Ruck with whomever else
is there & have a wonderful time no matter what the format is.
I've enjoyed the slide shows, videos & presentations at previous PA Rucks
and look forward to seeing more at future ones.   I've never seen anyone
leave the PA Ruck hungry & I don't foresee this happening in the future
<g>.  Having the ATC & ALDHA mention the Ruck is just one more tool a
future thru-hiker can use to prepare for their hike.   I would also like to
see the Ruck web site continue.
In the past I've helped out & plan to do the same at the next one.  When I
feel uncomfortable doing that I'll just step aside.  The camaraderie has
been special at each one.  When I don't feel that I'll go elsewhere.
John O

             http://www.monmouth.com/~johno/index.html