[at-l] Appalachian NST (GA-ME) - Resource Violation

>     *Although foolish to attempt in the corridor, this hole
> could basically
> be filled in and forgotten. What I don't understand is why
> they don't take
> this tack with the big land clearers near the Trail...

Because the big land clearers are clearing their own land or land that is
approved for logging outside of the corridor. Unfortunately, just as in
Saddleback, the rights of the land owners have to be balanced out against
view shed considerations.

Acquiring a protected view shed corridor would result in increasing the size
of the corridor from five to ten times depending upon the geography. Besides
being to costly, it would never fly politically. We fight for every inch
today, a tenfold increase just isn't going to happen.

Oh well...

Lee I Joe