[at-l] Most asked questions

I brought up the subject, so I'll have to give my response to the
question also.

I have had the same experience as Nina.  The number one question I am
asked is, "Do you go with anyone?"  I would expect this question to be
asked of a female hiker (sorry to be sexist), but it seems that everyone
is concerned about my safety in doing it alone.  Granted, it shows their
lack of knowledge about the true nature of the AT, but I can always
count on that question being asked at some point in the conversation
about my hikes, and it is usually the first one.