[at-l] Titanium Pots

First of all...  I haven't done my homework...  but I wanted to pass along
something I vaguely remember reading about Ti.  Perhaps this will ring a
bell in someone else's mind?

I think there have been environmental issues with regard to Ti mining in the
news.  If I remember correctly, Ti is often strip mined.  The article I read
was about Ti strip mining in Russia (or was it the USSR?) and there were
some issues about either the area being mined (sensitive/non-renewable?),
the methods used, or perhaps pollution (rivers, air, ???) because of the
mining.  Wish I could be more specific...

A quick web search yielded web sites for African, Canadian, Australian, and
British companies.

FWIW, it's unclear whether the "issues" I read about for Ti were any
different that "issues" for other resources mined in the same manner.
Obviously, this wasn't anything I've read about recently.

Muddying the waters...

Mara
Stitches, GAME99