[at-l] Titanium Pots

At 08:37 PM 7/11/01 -0700, you wrote:
><clip>
>It is a very neat metal regarding strength and weight characteristics.
>This has also given it a reputation that allows it to be marketed at
>premium prices. Some companies have seen the opportunity to decrease
>price (compared to Primus), such as the Giga Snowpeak stoves. Yet there
>is still limited actual benefit for the price as the steel Snowpeak is
>marginally less expensive, and their Ti cookset is incredibly heavy and
>thick gauged compared to aluminum and other pots. I've bitten for Ti
>gear, and regret the expense. I think there is no real need for anyone
>to jump on the marketing bandwagon until there are real benefits in
>price, weight and durability over more pedestrian metal gear.
>
>Bill...

Ah Orange bug,

I don't know what you bought for a Ti cook set from Snow Peak to make it
incredibly heavy, but mine weighs in at 5.5 ounces and includes a pot which
nests in cup which holds 10 oz of liquid.
http://www.snowpeak.com/Products/SCS-004T.htm

That, combined with my Ti spork and Snow Peak's stove is a pretty good
backpacking system.  The negative is the fuel canisters which can be bump
boxed in the mail.

http://www.snowpeak.com/Pages/GPShipment.htm

marty aka rusty

"...the music of the songs I love is found in the open air."
	From a Danish children's song.

Martin R. Fors
188 Center Street, PO Box 56
Lyndon Center, VT 05850