[at-l] HYOH

What happened to the original concept of HYOH? Until recently it had nothing
to do with freedom, well beyond the freedom that we enjoy in everyday life.
It had to do more with minding your own business and not letting the other
persons opinion dictate how you did your hike. Things like do you start off
with the left foot or right foot, which is better north bound or south
bound, backpacker or ultralite hiker, look at your map every 10 minutes or
only when your a mite confused.
Apparently  today there is a much larger segment of the population that
doesn't know the difference between right and wrong, so have seen fit to use
HYOH as justification for there inability respect others rights and
property. HYOH has nothing to do with destroying property or disrespecting
others, nor does it provide freedom beyond those of everyday life.
HYOH has also become an excuse for many to justify there laziness. For
example would you go to your child's wedding, to a job interview, or on a
first date without bathing for a week, in the same cloths you have worn for
the the same last week, with the crotch ripped out? Provided you aren't
indecently exposed you are free to do so, the stink cops wont arrest you.
HYOH has nothing to do with your going to town for resupply smelly and
dirty, if  you do you are just too lazy to clean up, and don't respect other
hikers enough to care that you are representing them as a lazy dirty smelly
people.
LOL so what am I trying to say? Why do we seem to need to debate HYOH? Do
people today not know the difference between right and wrong, what is
respectful of others and what is not? Have some folks gotten the idea that
if you are walking in the woods that there is an extended list of freedoms
that need to be debated?