[at-l] Mags' Trail hike

In a message dated 7/10/01 2:56:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, bogey1@cplx.net=
=20
writes:

 For Mags' trail hike look at:=A0=A0 http://magaroni98.trailstories.com/
Have a Happy Day,
SLIM aka Nancy
-------------------------------------
just a sample:

"Mile Post 2110.9 ~ Lower Jo-Mary Lake  =20
July 29 ~ The trail has many pleasures to offer. From the broad sweep of=20
grassy fields on a bald in the South, to the majestic landscape of the=20
Grayson Highlands, to the rugged beauty of the White Mountains. But, I think=
=20
I enjoy these quiet, subtle moments, more. This campsite is by far the best=20=
I=20
have ever been in. A natural beach on the quiet shores of Jo-Mary Lake. The=20
wind is a slight breeze, and the sun is reflecting on the lake with a soft,=20
orange glow. I am writing this journal entry by the water, listening to the=20
gentle sounds of the waves lapping at the shore. A place that lends itself t=
o=20
contemplation. This place and moment is best enjoyed in silence. Nature is=20
doing all the talking that needs to be done for tonight.-Paul       =20
Mile Post 2134.4 ~ Rainbow Springs Campsite    =20
July 30 ~ Funny how we ended up at this spot tonight. On the map, I saw a=20
place by an abandoned dam that looked promising for a campsite. Supposedly=20
had a trail leading to the spot. Well, I guess we passed it, or the side ail=
=20
was not very well marked. I kept on saying "We are almost there!" or "I thin=
k=20
the mud is slowing us down a bit, that must be why it is taking so long to=20
get there." Optimism is an easy trait to acquire when it is the end of the=20
day and you are tired and really, really, REALLY want the campsite to show=20
up. So I saw an approaching grass clearing on the trail and thought "Ah, the=
=20
heck with it, good a place as any to pitch a tent". Then I noticed the sign=20
that designated the camping spot. We had gone more than two miles past where=
=20
we originally wanted to tent! On the plus side, that much less mileage to=20
Daicey Pond tomorrow. Always an adventure on the AT. Especially when you hik=
e=20
an extra two miles without meaning to. Nesuntabunt Mountain was a hard climb=
=20
with another rewarding view of Katahdin. Katahdin is so close now, not quite=
=20
sure what to make of it. Do not know what my reaction will be when I make=20
that last climb. Only one way to find out.-Paul"
TJ < read it the hard way the first time :O)

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---