[at-l] W VA flooding?

I think it's mostly farther west. I was out for a three-day hike this
weekend with some friends--we did the traverse of Mt. Rogers and White Cap,
N-S, about 25 miles. It started raining about daybreak on Sunday, and by
the time we caught our shuttle (about 3 pm) the streams at the foot of the
mountain were running high and brown, but not threateningly so. I suppose
it might have been worse out near Peters Mountain. But the drive back
Sunday evening along I-81 was mostly rain-free, so I'm guessing that the
Trail east of the Valley was mostly unaffected.

Had a great hike! Weather was crisp and clear until Sunday. The blueberries
in the Grayson Highlands were about a week or two from ripeness, and we
only found a handful or so of early ones. It's going to be a bumper crop.
Lots of blackberries too along White Cap, near Buzzard Rock. Also not quite
ripe yet. Friday and Saturday were spectacular along the Grayson Highlands,
and we didn't hit the crowds of day hikers and horseback riders until we
reached Wilburn Ridge, and were through them in about three hours.

Only problem was those dadgum maps. Whoever's responsible for those maps
and profiles ought to have his head examined. <G>

Robert