[at-l] GA Ruck location

Last weekend, I think we settled on MLK weekend for the Southern RUCK
and the following weekend for PA RUCK. I'd like to see if we can settle
on a place. Last year was at Goose Creek Campground, just down the hill
from Neel's Gap and south of Blairsville. There was some difficulty
getting there, and some felt the facility left a bit to be desired for
the price and time.

I'd like to propose Amicalola Falls State Park's Lodge or cabins. There
are places for RV's and camping. There are many cabins which can sleep
several hikers. The Lodge is very comfortable, and is likely the only
way I will see Mrs. Bug attend another RUCK. The humor of the friends
dropping in for breakfast faded as she got closer to home. "You mean
you planned this for weeks....!!"

This location is very convenient to the AT, to transportation, to
shopping and tours, and has many meeting areas around the site.

I have not contacted anyone formally with the park for this, but was
told today at the desk that group rates and such are likely if we wish
to be a bit proactive and organized about this. As many know about me,
"proactive" and "organized" are severely distasteful curse words in my
book. Hence, if there are other ideas or any real leaders out there,
now is the time to speak up!

OrangeBug
aka Bill...