Re[2]: [at-l] Wilderness

In a message dated 7/7/01 2:27:43 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
ellen@clinic.net writes:

> Someone thought it a marvelous idea since it enticed people into the
> mountains. I asked if it would be equally marvelous if a road traversed the
> ridgelines of the western Maine Mountains from the Mahoosuc to Katahdin as
> had been seriously

Is there actually a proposal in the works for building a road on the
ridgeline in Maine to Katahdin right now?  Just because I'm grateful that the
Skyline Drive exists doesn't mean I want a paved road throughout the entire
mtn ranges of the AT.  Please give us the info on this so those of us who
wish to do so may participate in fighting it.

Thanks

The Redhead

multipart/alternative
  text/html