[at-l] Issues on the Trail was R&R Why are you here?

David posted the following: The AT-L community
isn't interested in politics except insofar as matters affecting the trail
get reported so that its members can do whatever advocacy they deem
appropriate. This AT-L attitude is something like the attitude of the
leagues of voters who advocate registering to vote and voting and not
pushing any candidate. In fact, pushing partisan candidacy or positions in
such an organization would take it out of the 501(c)(3) definition of a
charitable organization and place it within the definition of a political
organization. AT-L isn't a political organization and doesn't push political
view points. "

I asked if this meant the list doesn't want postings of controversial issues.

Daredhead wants a clarification.

I haven't proposed any issues other than to ask for support of the Forest Legacy Program that Bush
wants slashed, which produced only marginal discussion. I am the process of figuring out what
AT-List is all about. So far the answers have appears to me to be conflicting.

Certainly RnR has proposed some serious issues and been called such things as corrupt, and manure and
asked to leave. I'm trying to figure out whether that reflects his approach to issues or the
discussion of issues themselves.

Weary