Fwd: [at-l] too much whining

Jim Deignan wrote:
>I have been a silent member of the list for about a year and a half now and
>I have enjoyed it and learned a great deal.  I must say , however, that all
>of the whining and complaining going on here seems >rather childish and
>boring.  Why dont you take this fued someplace >else, perhaps the back
>yard, and put an end too it already.  You're >starting to sound like an
>organized group of sissies rather than adults.  Shut up already...please.

Jim -

For the weekend, and for  my part at least, you've got it - we be gone in
about 20 minutes.

On a long term basis, though, you might want to think about what you really
want out of this list.  Bottom line - all the whining and complaining is
about whether or not this list becomes another atml.  Or maybe about whether
it becomes merely a shadow of atml.  Is that what you want?  I don't - but
I'm only one member of the list.  As long as we're asking the question, how
about the rest of you?  And I'm not talking to the "regulars", to those who
post every day, I'm talking to the lurkers.  What do you want? Do you want
the campfire - or do you want the "issues-oriented", constant warfare list
that RnR and Weary would like this list to become?

One thing to keep in mind - for OB, for those who understand the reference,
the Dragon woke yesterday and only a couple hours with my grandaughter
lulled him back to sleep.  Pray -- pray long and hard that it doesn't happen
again.

But once again, I've let business interfere with courtesy -- I apologize for
that.  Welcome to the campfire, Jim - pull a stump and grab a smashmellow.
After all, if you're gonna get the flames, you might as well have a shot at
returning them.

Walk softly,
Jim