[at-l] Goats

I have a friend that has said he'd like to have a goat for a pet, and
then not too long ago I was reading an old Backpacker article about
different pets that people take hiking with them and the pets
benefits/disadvantages as hiking partners.  All of this has gotten me to
start thinking about getting a pet goat. So now I have two questions: 1)
Anyone else have a pet goat (and I don't just mean a farm animal), 2)
has anyone ever hiked the AT with a goat?

Cleek