[at-l] Vacation

a.  One night/two days at Melbourne Beach with my brother and his fiancee.  We'll go out with University of Central Florida graduate students who are surveying nesting sea turtles.  It really is an amazing thing as those 300 lb. turtle haul themselves out of the ocean and crawl above the tide line to make their nests and lay their eggs.  It's the only time they're ever on shore, and it's obviously a tremendous effort for them.

2.  Meet Wanchor in Maine as/after he finishes the AT.  Almost two weeks with just the two of us--whale watch boat trip, backpacking in Acadia, visiting Maine friends, seeing Kathadin (no knife edge for me, however), a pilgrimage to L.L. Bean, eating lots of lobster, lighthouses, moose, beaver, lakeside campsites....I can't wait!!!!!!! It will be my first visit to Maine.  Feel free to send "must see/do" ideas.

Joan