Re[2]: [at-l] Weary, AKA Bob Cummings

"...wedged in my bookcase between
"Stick And Rudder" and "Cocktail: The Drinks Bible for
the 21st Century", a book that was written by Bob Cummings,
called "Housewarming."

10,000 copies of the book were printed. Only 2,000 were sold. When I ran for the State Senate (and
lost) in 1992 I bought the remainders for 10 cents each and gave them away door to door as part of my
campaign.

Each Fourth of July a few of the books I distributed show up at the local library sale, where I buy
them back for 50 cents each. Do you suppose that's why I'm not rich? Somehow buying books for a dime, giving
them away, and then buying them back for 50 cents doesn't turn a profit. What do I do with
my collection of 50 cent books? Why I give them away again to whoever expresses an interest. I think
it's still the best home energy book, though I may be prejudiced.

Weary