From: richard mann <hike-usa@msn.com>
To: <AT-L@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2001 9:03 AM
Subject: [at-l] please stop the madness...

> I am this far (fingers very close together) from unsub-ing from this list
(yes, seriously)...

> I get these messages in digest mode, so I don't have the luxury of
blocking or deleting.  In other words, I gotta see all of these
> ludicrous idiotic bullshit trolling vicious flaming messages.  And, few
people snip these messages, so I gotta see them in there
> entirety over and over and over and over.  It has turned this list into a
version of ATML.  We are not here for this.  Just like in
> any large closeknit group, there are things that just aren't talked about,
because to talk about them is useless and will upset the
> serenity.  Think about your own families and what you don't talk about in
the name peace.  Well, let us apply that here.  We are now
> 8 weeks into this R&R trolling bullshit, and what has been accomplished?
>
> IF YOU ALL STOP, R&R WILL STOP.  It is really that simple.  Really...
>
> I have better things to do with my time than getting this baloney in my
emails.  If you all want to turn AT-L into this
> atack/counter-attack forum, then go for it.  But I prefer we get back to
being the kinder/gentler list...