[at-l] Wilderness "Mechanism"

Ya know......I have been reading this thread, and as usual, try to
impart a bit of humor in my responses, while sharing "trivial" snippits
of my world (which I am sure greatly offends a few....but what the
heck....if they pick on me -  they leave someone else alone right?)

Now I'm gonna get not so humeros here, because I think a few that are
hanging out here lately like to come in and tell us what we do is wrong
for US. Each of us. Now THATS what gets my blood boiling. Just this
morning we had a visit from the folks that hand out "The Watchtower" and
want to ask if you read the Bible in a true scriptural light. Well, as I
tend to not normally share their faith basis, I said. "well if a 75 watt
is light enough, then yes I do!" She wanted more of my time, but,
no.....I have MY faith....you have yours, is my feeling on this! The
Bible IS purposly left up to interrpretation, so that we who choose to
seek, may find. IMHO, there is no #1 catch-all religious sect that has
"THE answers". Our young daughter wanted to look at those tracts  as I
was tossing them in the circular kitchen file. And SHE pointed out that
in the text of the first thing she looked at, it said,  (and I quote it
word for word), "Catholics, and Protestants in general  showed more
hostility than sympathy for Jehovah's Witnesses, and they shared
Hitler's harsh values more than the Witnesses' pacifist ones."
WHAT?¿ Now because I'm a Lutheran, I'm now sharing Hitlers views?¿
Woooo now! And then I had to explain the whole thing to her. I concuded
with my thoughts that they should not make those claims, and that we
should look harder to see how much we (faiths of all kinds) are alike
rather than different. After all, they all share the same ultimate goal.

The connection I'm trying to make is that here, on the AT-L, we should
not tell each other what we should believe about the trail...it should
be left up to interpretation for those of us who seek it.

Amen!
Landslide

http://community.webtv.net/FLATers/LANDSLIDESTRAILPLACE