[at-l] Skeeter - Colorado trail

I HATE when I send blank emails :)

A message from Gu-Girl:

Hey POG!

Please pass this message along to the Listers for me...

Skeeter wanted everyone to know that he got started on the Colorado Trail this morning (Monday).

Last night we had a little impromptu mini-Ruck / Slumber Party with Mags, Solar Bear, and Navigator. (Imagine my surprise to go pick Skeeter up from
the bus stop, and see all FOUR of them there!) We all caught up on trail-talk over dinner, and Skeeter presented me with my soon-to-be-baby's first pair of tiny hiking boots... how cute!

Back at my house, after much gear rearranging (which is always typical before a long hike... or a long plane ride home... depending on which way you're going), and some serious wrestling with my dog, everyone settled
down to sleep in the 90 degree house.

This morning, Skeeter and I left at 6:30am, stopped for breakfast, and then had many other unscheduled stops for the woman-with-child to use the little girl's room. Skeeter had a minor disaster with his Gregory Mirage hydration system, but it was nothing that the guys at the Ford Car Dealership couldn't fix for him for $1.22. *heehee*

When we arrived at the trailhead, it was 9:30 in the morning, and already 86 degrees. Sure hope he starts getting into higher altitude soon! I took a couple of pictures of him at the trailhead that I will be sure to send to everyone when I get them back. We were a little disappointed  with the trailhead sign... its backdrop is a tall chain-link fence with barbed wire going across the top, and some type of garage / storage unit behind that. Couldn't they have put the sign on the OTHER side of the trail?  :)  So, Skeeter's  plan is to hike about a week into Breckenridge to make his first
town stop....  Ahhh... Aren't we envious?

Gu Girl