[at-l] Wilderness "Mechanism"

WOW........when DaRed has sompin' to say...... she really says it (and
how)!

Ya know.....I do think we tend to forget the many that never see the
sights we see.

I can remember when I was like 14-17....my Dad was involved in Jousting
(the modern type, with 3 arches....spearing the rings....etc). N-E-way,
we went to a demo. tournament at a park in  downtown Philly to help
celebrate the Bicentenniel (1776-1976). As we were waiting for his
division to run, many people came up to pet his horse. One father and
son, in particular, caught me off guard, when the Dad said, "son. THIS
is a HORSE". Then he quietly asked my Dad, "this IS a horse isn't it?"
Well....I thought we must be among idiots (as a 14 year old would). But
I never forgot that, and as I've grown, I remind myself that a whole
world exists out there that never knows what I know, or has seen what
I've seen (maybe thats a good thing <grin>). And also, I have much to
see and learn. The connection I'm trying to make, is that when we are
actively helping to preserve the AT as well as many other things that
are worth preserving, be it hiking, or jousting, a culture, or a faith
or whatever,  we need to remember that in doing so, we are in fact
"bridging a gap" for many others.

Thanx Red for reminding us!
Landslide

http://community.webtv.net/FLATers/LANDSLIDESTRAILPLACE