Re[2]: [at-l] Boy Scouts and Bears

In a message dated 7/2/2001 10:37:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
ellen@clinic.net writes:

> Just as we insist in "hiking our own hike," perhaps the kids are "scouting
> their own way." Or, as

LOL....  I'll never forget the time at Pinefield Hut (one of my favorites) in
the SNP when two troops converged (they knew each other).  Twenty scouts in
the woods, running amuck.  The scoutmasters were nice enough as were the
kids.  They had a huge amount of food left over from dinner and couldn't pass
it off the rest of us there.  The kids ended up burying it behind some tree
not far from the shelter and then washed their pots in the creek.  No bears
that night that I'm aware of.

I wonder where they learned to do that!

Sly

multipart/alternative