[at-l] Shakeylegs...

In a message dated 7/2/2001 9:50:10 AM Eastern Daylight Time, kahley7@ptd.net
writes:

> We talked about that...he's considering it but if he does skip
> the sections that he's already done, that dumps him right into
> the beginning of the PA Rocks...ouch.  Or if he flips from that point,
> into Maine.  Not having experience in Maine, would you think it

If he took it slow for a week or so.  There's no magic in hiking with
sneakers.  It's like anything else, just take your time to getting used to
it.  One huge advantage from hiking with trail shoes or sneakers that is alot
easier to more your feet and since that's how you get to Maine, I suggest it.
 It's painfully obvious that boots aren't working for him.

What does he have to lose, a sprained ankle?   So he goes home to recoup and
finishes next year, or tries again from Springer.  That can happen with heavy
boots too.

I don't know what he's carrying, but if he can't get under 25 pounds dry
weight this time of year, somethings wrong and in that case maybe he should
stick with the boots.

His mile may vary!

Sly

multipart/alternative