FW: [at-l] Colorado Trip Report (long)

In a message dated 6/28/2001 9:57:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
pmags@yahoo.com writes:

> As for what I cooked on, why the latest and greatest
> TCSM stove. I have used a homemade alcohol stove now
> for two years, but I must say I like the TCSM/Photon
> stove better than the one I have been using. Used my
> trusty Walmart almuminum pot that is also two years
> also and made my dinner tea and Lipton/Mac n' Cheese
> quite well.

Hey Mags,

Sorry to catch you on such a technicality, but did you use the Tin Can Stove
Man stove (Pepsi can variety) or the Photon stove (closed system)?  Or both?
Two different animals you know.

How well did they perform at attitude, fuel usage for a meal at 11,000 feet
and during your trip?

I'm seriously thinking of using one of these on the CDT next year, but feel I
may end up carrying more fuel than I normally would with my whisperlite
internationle.  I typically boil just over 3 cups of water for dinner, 1 for
hot chocolate, tea or coffee and two for the meal itself.

How much water did you boil?  Curious mind wants to know.......

Sly

multipart/alternative
  text/html
---